“CONTRIBUTOR TO THE SPORT”
The Hall of Fame Committee will consider nominees who have made noteworthy contributions to the sport of speedskating in a non-skating capacity at the National or International level.
The candidacy of each nominee will be judged on the nominee’s record, ability, integrity, sportsmanship and character.
A nominee to the Speedskating Hall of Fame must meet the following
1. The nominee must have made a significant impact of the sport at the National and/or International level for a period of at least 15 years.
2. Activities may include serving as an Officer, Official, Committee Member or Chairperson, Team Leader, Manager, Coach or service in promoting speedskating development.
To assist the committee in making its selection, it is essential that the data, requested below, be furnished:
Nominee Name__________________________________ Date Submitted___________________
Phone (_______)___________________ Email______________________ FAX ________________
Birthdate ________________________ Peak Year (s)_____________________________________
Submitter’s Name ___________________________________Association/Club_______________________________
Phone (_______)___________________ Email______________________ FAX _________________
National and International Activities:
1. Qualification data required in 1. & 2. above*
2. How early interest began
3. Activity in the promotion of speedskating
4. Coaching, Managing, officiating and Offices held in Clubs, Associations or National organizations
5. General comments in support of the nominee’s contribution to speedskating
6. Interests and achievements in sports other than speedskating
7. Awards, citations, or honors for civic, professional or other activities
8. Additional data such as education, occupation, marital status and family that would add to the biography
9. Provide a portrait photograph (i.e. face shot) 5” x 7” or larger
All service, as above, must be measurable and documentable through sources such as news clippings, programs, official speedskating publications, minutes of organizational proceedings or other official documents. Qualified applications will be considered for 5 years and may be resubmitted if there are any additional supporting qualifications.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REJECTED AND RETURNED
Applications must be forwarded to the Chairperson of the Speedskating
Hall of Fame Committee to be received no later than January 1. Contact
the National Office of U.S. Speedskating P.O. Box 18370, Kearns, UT 84118
Phone #: 801-417-5360 Fax #: 801-417-5361 to obtain the name and
address of the current chair.